Murray Darling Basin Authority
With the enactment of the Water Act 2007, the Murray–Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) was established as an independent expertise-based statutory agency.
For the first time in the Basin's history, one Basin-wide institution is responsible for planning the Basin's water resources, with all planning decisions made in the interest of the Basin as a whole.
Why was OPC chosen?
OPC was chosen for this project based on our participation in the ICT Services Panel and our previous work with MDBA.
Project goals, requirements and outcome
We worked with the team at MDBA to rebuild their Drupal website from the ground up.
The design was completed internally, with input from our team on Information Architecture, our proposed solution was to redevelop the site using the Drupal 7 CMS.
The designs included Desktop, Tablet and Mobile design files, which the OPC team translated into a fully responsive website.
The MDBA website contains a number of unique features including:
- an interactive parallax Education landing page, showing off the Authorities native animal representatives
- two styles of Publications and Reports templates, allowing for standard and flagship reports to be presented with supplementary information
- 'one pager' styled report template allowing for eye catching parallax images and multi-column content
- a number of members-only tools that track water trade between states
- use of the Media module in order for the content editors to easily manage their graphical content, as well as provide comparison image sliders and light-box effects all via an easy to use interface
Support and maintenance
OPC continues to provide support to MDBA via SupportPak hours and contracted project work.