5 Top Tips for Drupal Content Authors
These 5 tips and tricks from one of our Senior Web Developers will make your content editing a breeze!
1. When pasting content into a text area from Word, make sure you clear any additional styles from Word by using the “Remove Formatting” button, or if you are using Chrome, paste the text using CTRL+SHIFT+V (CMD+SHIFT+V on Mac) and your text will be format-free.
2. When uploading an image onto a page, make sure it’s already scaled or cropped down. If the image will only be half a screen wide then there is no point uploading the full high-resolution photo.
3. The Admin Toolbar module is a great help by providing a drop-down administration menu to help save on clicks when navigating around. Ask your admin to get it installed.
4. Want better SEO? Google ranks pages with a proper heading structure. It also scans your Headings for keywords. But don’t over-do it. An entire page content as a heading will get you de-ranked.
5. Keep in mind that most people are probably viewing your site on a mobile phone. Less is Best, so don’t waffle on too much.