OPC IT is seeking a confident, proactive and enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join our team.
Since 1985 OPC has been providing end-to-end IT and web solutions to Government, Education and Corporate organisations nationally.
We operate in a dynamic, demanding environment that requires a 'sleeves up, can do' attitude and a highly professional work ethic. We require a person who can work independently, shows initiative and is seeking a long-term career in this exciting industry.
The right candidate will be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality and a passion for seeking out new business opportunities. You will have excellent communication and time management skills, and an eagerness to exceed KPIs.
You will work closely with all areas of our business to gain a solid understanding of our products and services and undertake an ongoing training regimen to ensure you are knowledgeable across all facets of our industry.
We offer an attractive salary package commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing growth strategies and plans, by identifying and mapping out business strengths to customer needs
- Finding and developing new business opportunities
- Assisting with managing and nurturing relationships with both new and existing clients
- Working closely with our Account Managers and pre-sales Technical personnel
- Attending networking events, exhibitions and conferences
- Assisting with the development of proposals, tenders and presenting these to potential customers
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Providing specialist advice on our products and services
- Energy and enthusiasm to succeed
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interest in technology and a willingness to learn
- Ability to manage projects and multi-task
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to use your initiative, adapt easily with work minimal supervision
- Tertiary education in your chosen field
- Must be available to work in Canberra
- Current driver’s license and vehicle
- Knowledge of the government business sector and operations
- An understanding of the importance of security within ICT
- A passion for IT more broadly
- Non smoker