In the first half of 2018 OPC undertook to migrate five Department of Education & Training (DET) websites from SharePoint to the govCMS Drupal 7 platform.
OPC recently celebrated a significant win in the form of a successful submission to migrate five Department of Education & Training websites from SharePoint to the govCMS Drupal 7 platform.
Why was OPC chosen?
The Department was looking to work with a local Canberra company with significant Drupal and govCMS experience that they could trust, in order to meet their timeframe for the need to renewal of their Sharepoint licenses.
DET knew that OPC had the skills and local resources to undertake such a large body of work.
Project goals, requirements and outcomes
The five DET websites cover a wide range of subject matter including requirements and procedures for higher education, overseas study, assistance for financing tertiary study, skills assessment and licence recognition.
The challenge OPC faced in migrating these websites was to replicate SharePoint functionality as closely as possible in Drupal, particularly ensuring that it worked within the govCMS SaaS confines and environment.
Key to the success of migrating all 5 sites was understanding the limitations and methods when developing for a SaaS solution. OPC developers were able to do this using a number of key govCMS modules, primary of which was the "Feeds' module suite that allowed our developers to take a number of complex data exports from the SharePoint source and to then manipulate and consolidate ready for import into the Drupal CMS.
The sites included:
- HEIMSHELP - Information about requirements and procedures for higher education and VET providers.
- Licence Recognition - Information about how an occupational licence or registration obtained in one state or territory can be recognised in another.
- Study Assist - Information for students about government assistance for financing tertiary study.
- Study Overseas - Student information gateway.
- Trade Recognition Australia - Skills assessment service provider specialising in assessments for people with trade skills gained overseas or in Australia.
If you would like to hear more about how OPC achieved these results please contact us.