Site Builder – 2 Day Course
This course is an introduction course aimed at teaching the common Drupal CMS elements, what they do, how they work and how to use them. The focus of this course is ‘building and managing’ a Drupal 7/govCMS/8 CMS website.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone who is tasked with creating or managing a Drupal website and has some experience, or just needs a refresher.
What will you learn?
At the end of this two-day course you should have a sound understanding and working knowledge of the fundamental Drupal CMS site building tools, including creating and managing: content types, media assets, menus, webforms, blocks, users, taxonomy, dynamic content using Drupal Views and much much more.
- What is Drupal
- Drupal Build requirements
- Understanding Drupal components:
- Content Types
- Blogs, Forums and Comments
- Theme Regions
- Users, Roles and Permissions
- Workbench Moderation and Workflows
- Installing Drupal
- Installing contribute modules
- Administrative configurations
- Site Information
- WYSIWYG Profiles
- Text Formats
- File System
- Image Styles
- Maintenance Mode
- URL Aliases
- Date and Time
- Building your own Content Types
- Managing Content
- Managing Media
- Building your own Views
- Building your own Webforms
- Working with Panels and Pages
- Configuring Workbench Moderation
- Get to know Drupal community and how you can tap into a world of knowledge and support.