The OPC Data Centre infrastructure provides our clients with a secure high speed, stable platform with exceptionally good performance and reliability. Our website hosting solutions and domain name registration are suitable for SME’s and large enterprises alike and provide a one stop web hosting solution.
We offer a number of hosting packages that will suit your needs and budget.
Sydney Data Centre
Our hosting is located in the Sydney Equinix Data Centre. Building on high-end server platforms, the Data Centre offers:
- Uninterruptible power backed by redundant feeds, generators, and UPS systems, including Caterpillar generators and 44-hour onsite fuel storage.
- Bandwidth provided by Telstra, MCI/Verizon, NTT/Verio. This ensures exceptional performance and reliability.
- Entire internal network uses enterprise-grade Cisco® switches/routers.
- Air-cooled chilled-water and cooling tower system, achieving 750W/m^2 of cooling to approximately 22 degrees C (72 F).
- Intense data center security, including 24x7x365 CCTV Surveillance and biometric access devices.
Servers are all closely managed and monitored to ensure data integrity and server security. Typically, imminent hardware failures can be detected before and failure and data redundancy that is built into our systems provides another layer of protection.
Secure Backups and Raid Configuration
The data centre performs automatic daily backups on all hosted sites. Every seventh day, an additional backup is stored, in addition to one each month. As a result, we retain a daily, weekly and monthly backup of all client data, which can be restored by our technicians upon request and account ownership verification. In addition, backed up data is always stored on separate servers, and RAID configuration which uses multiple hard drives to share or replicate data increases data integrity, fault-tolerance and capacity.
Hosting on AWS
We also offer highly available and fault tolerant hosting arrangements on Amazon Web Services, which is Tier 3 compliant and guarantees over 99% availability time.
What’s Tier 3?
This involves deploying your web application in multiple physical locations with a load balancer equally distributing your traffic across multiple hosting servers and locations. We use AWS Auto Scaling Service to ensure the infrastructure reacts to traffic increase and decrease situations. The AWS Auto Scaling increases the number of computing resources on demand during traffic or load increase and reduces computing resources as the traffic decreases.
With the pay as you go policy the burden of predicting your hosting budget is reduced. Your costs are highly optimized, charging you for what you use.
Services we use
We use the following AWS services to host your Drupal site:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) offers virtualized servers in Amazon’s data centres. It provides resizable compute capacity.
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is the managed database service that provides a wide range of DataBase Management Systems. It is cost-efficient and scalable and is separate from your EC2 instances.
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) serves as a hard drive for the Amazon EC2 instances.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is used to store files.
- AWS Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) distributes traffic across your EC2 instances.
- AWS AutoScaling scales up your EC2 resources, by switching on additional EC2 instances to cope with traffic increase. When traffic reduces, AutoScaling will also automatically reduce the number of EC2 instances to save costs.
- Amazon CloudWatch is a monitoring service for AWS cloud resources. This is your eyes and ears on your hosting infrastructure.
- Amazon Simple Email Service (SES) can handle your transaction emails or your regular email campaigns without putting extra load on your servers.
- Amazon CloudFront is a global content delivery network (CDN) service that accelerates the static content delivery.